Polkadots & Pirates was created due to a bit of a crazed obsession with my kids' birthday parties. I am that mom up at 3 am making party decorations or planning the next year's party the day after the last one is over! I don't believe they have to be the biggest or the best, just something that both you and your child enjoy.


Photobucket


My daughter's 2nd birthday party was polka dot themed, the theme of my first collection. My oldest son had been talking about his next birthday party that was still a year away and wanted it to be pirate themed. After months of toying with the idea...Polkadots & Pirates was born!


Photobucket

As of right now, I am only selling the themes that are available in my shop. You may wonder, then, how I can still keep blogging about custom items. Because they are what I enjoy the most, I am still doing custom items for people I know...my friends, family, and a few former customers who really were supportive when I started my business last year. I hope to one day be doing custom projects for the public, but the time involved is enormous and I need to devote more time to my husband and little ones. Because I am not doing custom orders, I know that people have been making their own little PD&P inspired projects...please give a shout out where one is due! I love, love, love being creative inspiration for others, but please be respectful of all I've worked so hard for.


For a sneak peek at my kids' latest parties, check out the links below!

Photobucket